Cheryl Copson rowed for four years at Adam Scott CVI, followed by four years at Boston University on a rowing scholarship. She has rowed during the summer season for Peterborough Rowing Club, Ottawa Rowing Club, Argonaut Rowing Club and South Niagara Rowing Club. Cheryl has represented Ontario at the Canada Summer Games, and represented Canada at the Under 23 World Rowing Championships.
Gold Medal Highlights
- Gold Medal in the Women’s Four at the 2012 Under 23 World Rowing Championship
- Gold medal in the Women’s Eight at the 2009 Canada Summer Games
- 5 time Gold medal winner at the Royal Canadian Henley in St. Catharines
- 13 time Gold medal winner at the RowOntario Championships in Welland
Athletic Award Highlights
- International Achievement Award presented by Rowing Canada
- Crew of the Year presented by RowOntario
- Athletic Award of Merit presented by City of Peterborough
Graduated Cum Laude (with honors) from Boston University in May 2012 with a Bachelor of Arts in Archaeology, and minor in anthropologhy. Cheryl also received the Scarlet Key Award for extraordinary achievement in student activities and organizations.
Graduated with a Master of Museum Studies degree from the University of Toronto in 2014.